Tuesday 27 December 2011

Last Night's Dream 8

It's the last week of 2011, and I'm still procrastinating on that Bio folio. Nope, no more procrastination, just stopping it. Well, I never did start on it at the first place. -,-


Anyway, at the thought of starting school this 4th Jan 2012, I've been dreaming a lot about my friends lately. Some happy ones, some not-so-happy ones. Recently, I've been dreaming of a male schoolmate of mine. Maybe some of you know who this person is, some of may not. Depends on who you actually think of.

So, the dream. The place, stadium - to be precise, tennis court. Time, mid-day. Us, girls, were playing tennis, even though we suck at it, while the boys played basketball. Well, somehow our tennis ball got out of the court and went into the basketball court. I went out to fetch it.

As I try to pick up the small green ball on the ground, Taufik threw the basketball to Naqib, which he was behind me. When I just stood up from crouching down, Naqib jumped backwards as he received the ball and accidentally pushed me onto the ground. I hurt my wrist as I try to save myself from falling. He saw me fall and stopped the game. 

I didn't get up, I couldn't. It's not like I hurt my legs, I just couldn't get up. When the girls saw me fall, they ran to me and tried to get me up. I shrieked at the pain in my body as they pulled me up. They stopped pulling me up and start to call for my parents. My mom came by and took me to the clinic.

My right wrist was fractured. But when the doctor checked for other injuries, my knees started to pain me. I told him about the pain and I was sent to the hospital for further check-ups. I was diagnosed with critical arthritis. I was rushed to the surgery room and came out after three hours of surgery.

I had to stay at the hospital for around four days as the doctor was worried something wrong might happen to me after the surgery. During the four days, my friends came and go. On the second last day of my stay, HE came to my ward and brought me a basket of fruits. He came alone though. My parents left me alone with this boy for awhile.

"How are you?" He asked me.
"Better than before." I smiled faintly.
"You look so pale. Have you been eating well?" He asked, this time his hand caressed my face.
"I don't have the appetite." I looked down.
"You should have eat. You'll get sick more if you don't." He said. I nodded.

"You came from far away. Alone?" I asked a bit too late.
"Yup." He paused and smiled. 
"Just to see you, I'm fine with everything." He smiled again.
"You should have brought others too." I said bashfully.
"No, I don't want to. I want to see you alone." He said, crossing his arms while leaning towards me. I leaned back, trying to avoid his eye contact.

"I brought fruits, want some?" He offered. I nodded. He took a small knife and cut the apples and pears into a plastic plate, which was available in the ward. I was in a single ward so, I was alone with him, literally. He finished cutting the fruits and brought it over my bed. He pulled the mobile table and placed the plate on it. I tried to get a slice of the fruits, but he pushed my hand away. He took one and lead it to my mouth, trying to make me eat the one he gave.

"Come on, open up." He said. And I did. I ate the fruit and saw him smiling. 
"What's with him, suddenly?" I curiously thought.
"So, how's your girlfriend? You guys have been quiet lately." I asked him, not trying to offend him.
"Actually we broke up last week." He said solemnly.
"Oh? S-Sorry I a-asked." I looked down, blaming myself for dragging the mood down.
"No, it's fine. You didn't know." He smiled and handed me another slice of fruit. I ate the fruit.

"So...." I trailed off. He looked at me intently. I looked at him back - a bit shocked, since he looked at me so.....adoringly.

Aaaaannnnd that was it. Yeah, it sucks. KBai.

No comments:

Next Older Home