Sunday 16 October 2011

[fic034] Another 'Date' at Clouds Above


Did u like the new header? ahaks. :P
oh yeah, PLEASE PLEASE comment below!! 
I need to know what you guys think! THANKS! :D
HAPPY READING!! :DD

Aisyah's POV

It's Tuesday and I woke up very early this morning. I mean, around 5 something. Johan told me last night that we'll be part-timing at Juhairi oppa's bakery, Clouds Above. I was so excited, I woke up a bit too early. :B I absolutely LOVE bakeries. The smell of freshly baked goods just fills me up. Thinking about it just makes me hungry! I wonder if we get free breads for lunch.. Hmm... I'll ask Johan or Juhairi oppa on that. :P

Anyway, I finished showering and ate a piece of Massimo wheat germ bread from the kitchen. My whole family is still sleeping. I told my mom I will be out early in the morning, so, hopefully they won't be worried about my absence. I walked out of the house and locked the door by 6:55 am. As I opened  up the gate, I saw Johan was beside his Cooper, leaning his back while crossing his arms. He was looking at me. I smiled and waved. He smiled back.

"Morning." I said while walking up to him.
"You're early today. Any special occasions?" He asked sarcastically.
"Yes! I'm going to make a Johan cake today!" I answered sarcastically.
"I see. I wonder what will Johan cake would look like." He tapped his chin with his finger while looking up at the sky and then turned to me.
"A Johan cake would look like Kim Jonghyun!" I jumped with my finger pointing Johan's face. I chuckled after that.
"Chhtt.." He chuckled. "Ah. That reminds me. We're supposed to go back to Seoul this weekend because you and Jonghyun need to settle that scandal thing you guys made." He continued.
"Well, I didn't make it! Jonghyun did. *sigh* I totally forgot about the meeting. Can't we cancel or something? We have school on Monday, right?"
"Yup. Or we could just skip Monday :P" He placed his hands back, leaning to his car door.
"What? You mean fly on Saturday and come back on Monday? Urgh. Just thinking about it makes me tired." I sighed and slumped my shoulders.
"Actually, we're flying on Friday. So, we have time for leisure there." He said.
"Well, only if no problems rose. *sigh*..." I stared in the empty space in front of me.
"Don't worry about it much. I'm sure everything's going to be fine. Besides, there's not much articles on you guys recently." He crossed his arms again.
"So? There's still a high possibility the Korean people or fans would look it up again." I sighed.
"Hmm.. I guess so."

"Oh. Good morning, Aisyah." Juhairi oppa walked out of the door with his chef outfit, greeting me.
"Morning. *wave* Oooo.. someone looks very macho today." I made a sleazy look.
"Really? Then I'm macho everyday! Haha." He laughed.
"You done? Let's go." Johan opened up the car door.

---------------------------------------------

Johan's POV

We arrived at the bakery early today. Hyung(Juhairi) unlocked the back door and we went inside, turning on the lights and opening up the windows. As always, hyung would check his pre-made cakes that his workers made last night in the refrigerator. Hyung gave Aisyah a list of baking items in the store and she was assigned to check it. Checking if there's any missing items in there. I, however, checked the counter. Checking the resits and the cash register's balance.

After around 15 minutes, we finished the morning routine and some of the workers came. We greeted them and Aisyah stood next to me.
"Is Kak Izzaz still working here?" She asked.
"Kak Izzaz? The one who did the Korean deco? I dunno. Ask hyung." So she walked to hyung and asked him. After that she came back to me.
"She just quit on last Thursday. Ah. We were in Jeju at the time." She slumped her shoulders again and puffed up her cheeks. She looked so cute. :D
"Really? Not our luck then." I said, trying to console her.
"I guess so.." She said, sounding a bit sad.

"Guys, come over here." Hyung called us to the kitchen. The other workers were there, wearing their aprons and putting their hand towels to their apron strings, tied to their waists.
"Say hi to my loyal friend, Ben. He's from the UK and we were in the same campus back in the University of Brighton in UK. He's a patisseir, of course, and he specializes in pies, tarts and puff pastries." Hyung explained. I knew Ben. I met him once before, when hyung was still working with the bakery building.

"Hi, Ben. I'm Aisyah. Nice to meet you." Aisyah handed over her hand to be shaken. He shook it and smiled. I stood next to her and shook hands with him too. "I'm Johan." and I smiled.
"Nice to meet you too. You're Juhairi's little brother, right?" I nodded to his question. 
"You look so different now. You were chubby three years ago." He said to me. Aisyah looked at me with her eyes wide. She didn't know I was chubby before.
"Teenagers work out these days *chuckles*.. I haven't seen you for a long time. Where did you go?" I asked.
"OH. I was still in M'sia. I did patisserie courses around the Peninsula. Around a year and a half without Juhairi here by my side." He placed his arm around hyung's neck. Okay. "BROMANCE." I mouthed with Ryan Higa's tone. Aisyah chuckled.
"I see. So, you have been to every state in M'sia?" Aisyah asked.
"Yeah, pretty much. I haven't been to Sabah & Sarawak though. It would be bloody cool if I have the chance to go there." He said with his slightly thick British accent.
"I don't know why, but you look very familiar. Did you, perhaps, made cooking videos on YouTube?" Aisyah asked. She watches cooking videos? No wonder she knows so much about cooking. Hmm.. I guess I need to do that too so I can match up with her. :)
"Yes, I did actually. My buddies and I made cooking videos called Sorted when we were in the US." He said.
"Oh. Now I remember! I subscribed to you btw. I loved watching your videos. Very simple cooking. :D" Aisyah said, sounded excited.


"Oh. Why, thank you. I haven't made videos with them for some while now. I miss them." He nodded.
"But one thing confuses me though. Juhairi said you're a patisseir. Did you learn general cooking before you take up pastry courses?"
"Actually, I major in general culinary, which generally cooks almost everything. But I like pastries. So, like Juhairi said, I specialize in pastry. Not major in one." He smiled.
"Ooh I see. That's great to know. :D"

"So, can we start working now?" Hyung said.
"Yes!" Aisyah and I said.
"Wear this, and this. I don't want any mess in the goods." Hyung gave us a pair of apron and head covers. Hygiene purposes. We wore them. Aisyah looked especially cute in the outfit. 
"Okay, since you guys don't really have the skills to bake in a professional way, just prep the fruits for us, alright?" Hyung gave us tubs of small fruits to be prep-ed. Strawberries, kiwis, grapes, blueberries, raspberries and a lot of others. Hyung gets fresh produce every two days from Cameron Highlands and he get discounts because he buys them in bulks.
"Yes, chef!" Aisyah saluted hyung. He chuckled.

-------------------------------------------

Aisyah's POV

So, we were given the responsibility to prep these fruits Juhairi oppa gave us. He made a demo for each of the fruits on how to prep it for different types of bakery goods. As always, we start with washing them. I found a big basin around the sink area and dunk in the fruits to be washed. I worked with the fruits washing. Johan did the lifting and moving the fruits about. Now I know why the workers here are quite built-up. The hand works made their arm muscles pumped. Vigorous whisking, stirring, picking up heavy trays of goods, any kind of work they did needed arm power. No wonder there's more male chefs in the world than females.

Anyway, we cut the fruits according to Juhairi oppa's instructions and categorised the fruits based on the requirement. The fruits are mostly needed for tarts, so, we sliced them lengthwise. I just cut them while it is my hand, like a pro(? xD). Johan was using the cutting board. I understand that. I don't want him to have trauma of cutting fruits in his hands now.

"Yah, what time is now?" I asked Johan.
"It's 7:30. Why?" He looked at his watch and then at me.
"When's the bakery gonna open up?"
"Around 8:15 to 8:30. Didn't you bring your watch?" He asked.
"I was so excited this morning, I forgot. :P"
"Excited? Haha what time did you woke up this morning?"
"Around 5 something. Why?" I asked.
"Nothing." He smiled. Weird boy.

"Oh yeah. You called me Jealous Juara yesterday. What's up with that?" He paused and asked me.
"Haha. Did u figure out what it meant?" I asked him back.
"I'm not exactly sure with the Jealous thing, but Juara, another word for Johan. You are so tacky." He said to me. Well, like he is not tacky himself. =.=
"Haha. Come on. Who's the one started calling 'my princess'? It's you. And you said I'm tacky. Pffttt.." I hissed.
"Whatever. Then what's with Jealous?" He kept asking.
"Jealous is because you get jealous E.VE.RY TIME I'm with Hairi! Scratch that. You get jealous whenever I'm with another male! Seriously, you should have seen your face when u were jealous. It was EXACTLY like a dinosaur! xDDD" I laughed at him.
"Whatever. =_=" He looked down, continuing to cut his batch of fruits.

While I was cutting the fruits, I just remembered Ben's statement earlier. He said Johan was chubby before. He also said three years ago. If it's three years ago, wouldn't he be in Seoul? I wonder how he would like if he's chubby. *thinking, imagining* HAHAHAHA I chuckled silently to myself.

"What's with u? Gone crazy already?" Johan asked me. 
"Probably. Hmmppff.... HAHAHA" I was still laughing at the thought of him being chubby. He looked at me, curiously.
"What? Tell me. What is it to you that made u laugh?" He asked again while pausing his fruit cutting.
"Your face when chubby. HAHA" I said and continued to laugh.
"What's so funny about that?" He continued back on slicing fruits.
"It's funny because I imagine you to be the forever skinny type of person."
"I was at first but there was this big exam back in Seoul and I was depressed." He explained.
"You? Depressed of exams? I don't believe you. There must be another reason why you got chubby." I said, doubting his statement. Come on. Who would believe a smart kid saying exams made them depressed?

"Actually.........." He paused.
"HAHA. I knew there was something other than exams! So, what is it?"
"Just before the exams, my ex-gf broke up with me. So, I was depressed and I ate a lot. And I also became lazy to attend dance classes." He explained.
"All because of one girl? WOW." I said, throwing a piece of strawberry in a small tub.
"I know, right? Thinking about it makes me feel so dumb." He said while throwing a piece of grape in a different tub.
"So, how did u get back to being fit? Dancing?" I asked.
"Mostly. I didn't eat late dinners too. I ate Granola bars for around two weeks or so, and I got to almost like this. The gym works too." He said.
"Ooo.. You went to gyms? A member or something?"
"Nope. Donghun hyung, u know the one from the Forma crew we met yesterday?" I nodded. Oh the one who asked Nicky out. 
"His brother owns a gym. He gave special discounts for Donghun hyung's friends." He said.
"Donghun oppa, he asked Nicky out for dinner tonight, right?" I said as I cleaned up my fruit batch.
"Yeah, at the restaurant where we had our first date." He teased.
"It wasn't a date. It was merely just a dinner." I said putting the small tub of fruit away, not looking at him.
"It was a date." He said while looking down at his cutting board.
"A dinner."
"A date."
"A dinner!" I looked at him, slightly frustrated.
"A dateeeeeee.... You went on a date with me on the second day we met." He played with the fruits and placed one in his mouth.
"Whatevs Johan." I puffed my cheeks.
"Say aaahhhhh......." He offered a piece of raspberry and I ate it. He can be cruel sometimes. =_=
 
To Be Continued.... :DDD
A/N: The storyline was kinda short, but the writing was a lot, wasn't it? So, I need to go and read my books now. Got History exam tomorrow. I believe you guys have read yours already. Anyway, support my fic by clicking 'like' and comment below! :D

next chapter----> :DD

No comments:

Next Older Home